With many early automated systems now showing the signs of time, ACS has emerged as a lead supplier of upgrades to Legacy Systems.
In recent years, ACS have been called on increasingly to update old and underperforming legacy systems. These systems have ranged from traditional relay control systems through to early PLC and DCS systems that although functional, represent a considerable risk should they fail.
The methodology used to upgrade any legacy system differs dependant on the state of the incumbent system. Often, the control panels and installation are in good condition, yet the PLC controller is no longer supported, whereas in some instances our clients have chosen to replace their entire system, whilst at the same time maintaining production.
The upgrading of Legacy Systems has become something of a speciality to ACS. Recent projects have included:
- Relay Logic to Various PLC & SCADA
- Infinity DCS to Mitusbishi Q Series & Wonderware Intouch
- Siemens S5 to Siemens S7
- Siemens S5 to Allen Bradley ControlLogix
- Allen Bradley SLC to ControlLogix
- Allen Bradley PLC5 to ControlLogix
- Allen Bradley PLC5/250 to ControlLogix
- Intellution Fix32 to iFix
and many more…..